Monday, December 22, 2008

. your bones are skin tight .

Most people have told me that you have to be somewhat thin to be accepted by the fashion industry. I do believe they are right, you have to be thin to be "accepted" more easily but I don't believe you have to be thin to become an "icon".


Tu ne peux pas changer qui tu es,
mais tu peux changer la façon d'ont on te vois.

You can't change who you are,
But you can change the way people see you.

And I guess that's something I always try to do, I try to make people see me not for my clothes and my make up but most importantly for who I am. I guess being the one of the only foreign teenagers in my town, I have to deal with how people look at me a bit more than I would back home.

And when I say home I mean Europe, not a specific place. I have no real home.

Anyways, yes before, it didn't bother me back when I was 14 or 15 to look like an 18 year old, but now I feel like I have to live life as my own age not as people see me.
And I have to live inside my own skin and not the one I wish I sometimes had.

Sometimes I wish I was blacker, sometimes I wish I was more asian, and sometimes I curse the day I was born with such a pale skin.
Being such a mixed person I have my own dilemas.

But I deal, and now it goes on fine.


To this I conclude:

Be who you are even if you have 15 extra kilos, or even if you skin doesn't seem to be the right color.

And don't forget to wear your clothes like accessories, not like armours.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: